Unlocking an ocean of opportunities
What if we could explore unchartered territories without sending rockets into space?
Welcome to the underwater world, which can be summed up in 3 stats:
Mankind has already deployed a lot of key infrastructure at sea:
- 100s of 1000s of miles of submarine cables, carrying 99% of global internet data
- Wind farms
- aquaculture facilities
- oil platforms
These strategic industries operate in an inhospitable environment. They all require surveillance and maintenance.
Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), the first generation of underwater devices, have multiple drawbacks:
- tethers, which can get stuck in complex structures, limiting manoeuvrability and the scope of intervention
- the cost of operation, requiring expert staff at all times
- the impossibility to deploy swarms of devices, limiting their scalability
Our solution: AI + robotics
At uWare, we are developing state-of-the-art AUVs unlocking an ocean of underwater opportunities.
The time has come for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), leveraging the latest advances in technology:
- wireless communication & remote updates, open source software and data, artificial intelligence, drop in component prices.
Untethered AUVs can operate in swarms, without constant assistance, deeper and further, at an unprecedented scale.
By combining computer vision with robotics, our untethered products, operating in solo mode or in swarms, enable the inspection, monitoring and protection of underwater areas in an innovative way, at an unprecedented scale.
Try our 360 interactive version
- Rugged frame with 8 powerful thrusters
- 3 hours of autonomy
- 10 knots maximum speed
- Able to stay still in a current of up to 3 knots
- 4K cameras for photos
- Inertial Measurement Unit, compass and accelerometers
- Pressure/Depth/Temperature sensors
- 8000-lumens LED lights
- Computer Vision for object detection and follow-mode
- Internal motors speed controllers for autonomous stabilisation
- 200m range acoustic modem for wireless underwater communication
- Optional accessories like extra battery, sampler, gripper, specific payload…
- Android companion application for settings, mission planning & analysis
Fields of operations
Our main cases are:
- Endangered zones monitoring
- pollution detection
- Searching & recovering
- Hulls, Equipment and infrastructure inspection
- Species surveys
- Scientific analysis
- Fish farms, cable and pipeline surveillance
- Cartography and exploration
- Underwater archeology